Do not use these instructions to sync with Moneydance 2012. For syncing with Moneydance 2012 go here.
If you have wifi syncing set up with your device, be sure to sync one more time before switching to Dropbox. Changing options will reset your sync data, and you will lose any transactions that have not been sent to the desktop.
Here's how to get yourself up and running with the new app (you must be running Moneydance 2008 or newer). These instructions use screenshots from an iPhone, but also apply to setting up connections with your iPad or iPod Touch.
This app supports Dropbox-based syncing, which will sync your transactions (from iPad to iPhone to Desktop, etc) anytime you have internet (or cellular data network) access. You can also enter transactions when you do not have access to the internet and they will be synced when you are online again. And, if you prefer, you can still continue to sync over your local Wifi network.
- If you do not already use Dropbox, you will need to download and install it from Dropbox.com.
- Open Moneydance on your computer
- In the menu bar, go to Extensions->Manage Extensions (in Moneydance 2008 and 2010, go to Extension->Add)
- Scroll down until you see the "Network Synchronizer Extension"
extension and click "Install." If you already have the extension
installed, click "Update" to get the most recent version.
- In the menu bar, go to Extensions->Configure Network
- Click the "Enable" button
- When prompted, enter the encryption password that is used to protect your data while syncing.
- On the iPhone, install the free Moneydance app. You can find the app by going to http://www.moneydance.com/iphone or by searching the app store for "Moneydance"
- Open the app and select the Dropbox sync option
Click "Connect to Dropbox"
You'll be taken to Dropbox's website to give the Moneydance app permission to access your Dropbox. (If you have the Dropbox app installed on your iPhone, the Dropbox app will open and you will see a similar screen.)
If you have more than one file enabled to sync via Dropbox, choose the file you'd like to sync.
Enter the Encryption Password you created earlier.
It may take a few moments for the initial sync to complete and for your account information to be displayed, and then you're all set!