- In the Moneydance menu bar, go to File→Syncing and click the Enable button to enable Dropbox syncing (it will say Disable when Dropbox syncing is enabled).
- Create an Encryption Password
- Install the free Moneydance app on your Android, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and click “Dropbox”
- Click "Connect to Dropbox"
- You'll be taken to Dropbox's website to give the Moneydance app permission to access your Dropbox. (If you have more than one file enabled to sync via Dropbox, choose the file you'd like to sync.)
- Enter the Encryption Password that you created earlier.
It may take a few moments for the initial sync to complete and for your account information to be displayed, and then you're all set! To see more details about the app, including screenshots of the setup process, check out the the Moneydance 2014 user guide here.
Please be aware that syncing with an iOS or Android device via Dropbox is not a replacement for backing up your data, as your iOS or Android data needs to by synced with your main desktop data file to function properly. You should make sure to be backing up your main desktop data file with whatever backup method you use to protect your financial information.
(Please note: If you were using the Network Sync extension on any previous versions of Moneydance, you will need to uninstall the extension before Moneydance's built-in Dropbox syncing will work properly. You can uninstall the extension by going to Extensions -> Manage extensions, then scrolling down to the Network Synchronizer extension and clicking the Remove button.)