These are a few of the exciting new features of Moneydance 2014!
- Auto-completion of sub-categories when typing. For example when entering a transaction with the category Automotive:Fuel, instead of typing Au:Fu you can just start typing Fuel.
- Creation of new categories from within account registers. Start typing and if the program doesn’t recognize it as an existing account, category, or sub-category you’ll see be given the option to create a new category with that name.
- Attachments to transactions. The ability to attach a number of different types of file to transactions to keep track of receipts, or photos of items purchased, etc
- Expanded Investment account capabilities. Investment accounts have a new bank register interface (to better support linked checking & investment accounts), including all standard banking items such as the ability to enter split transactions, use tags, etc.
- New budgeting interface and features, including rolling over unspent amounts to new budgeting period and the ability to more easily enter variable amounts (for example $200 for heat in January, $300 for heat in February, etc).
- Quick Transaction entry from within the search box. Enter an amount and text (such as "Starbucks 4.99") the quick entry window will appear.
- Other features and bug fixes
See our full changelog at https://infinitekind.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201574883-Moneydance-2014-Changelog